Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

MSN course work

Friends:

As those of you who will visit this blog will find, I truly have become a lifelong learner. I can't say when I wasn't doing some type of training or education for my own growth or to increase my value to my employer.

I am currently studying for my masters in nursing education so that I can share my vast and varied experience and nursing knowledge in order to be a part of preparing the next generation of nurses. Nursing, as you will find, involves constant change and excitement. Never boring. And, you will get to meet so many people over the life of your career that will each have an influence on who you are and who you become.

I hope all nurses will share their passion here, whether you are a nursing student, or a seasoned nurse with lots to share. Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. I too am a lifelong learner asI started as an EMT and rescue person. Then I met a young lady who convinced me to got to nursing school. I trained in critical care and emergency nursing as well as surgery. I developed an interset in Chinese medicine and then realized that if I was to teach and impact Chinese medicine I would need to be credentialled in the nursing. The ability to marry thre two medicines is important and needed by many clients who can't receive what they need from allopathy. We should never stop learning, because when we do we will have obtained entropy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a lifetime learner means your brain never stops working. I believe if stop learner you stop living. Being a lifelong learner doesn't isn't just going to school but learner from everyone you come in contact with and then passing on that knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those life long learners too.There is always something new to learn and it makes you improve as a person and as an individual. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask my wife, since I met her I have been doing something educational. I just told her I was going to get my NP next and she said cool. School used to be a bone of contention now she see's me making a differrence.

    ReplyDelete